Friday, July 30, 2010

2010 Ford Transit Connect Review



After seeing a picture of this thing I just had to write something about it. Look at it. Does it not look like a short bus to you? It certainly does to me...;)

Of course this isn't designed to get you to drool over it. It is made as more of a commercial vehicle most likely, and probably not something the average stud trying to impress women is going to buy. Well...they won't buy it at all. You aren't going to find pictures of these in books sitting on contemporary coffee tables in uppity shops let's just say.

Read this review:

Even with globalization of the auto industry, who would expect that a vehicle made in Turkey would have an impact? But I felt as soon as I saw the Ford Transit Connect that here was a vehicle that connected with me. Unlike the larger Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner Sprinter, the Transit Connect is smaller. Yet it has just as much potential, both commercially and in general use, as the larger Sprinter.

Our tester was a basic TC, with three paneled sides and no windows. Hence, there were no rear view mirrors to see what's behind you. The driver must learn how to drive using only the exterior rear view mirrors, but it isn't a steep learning curve. A back-up camera would have helped, because I found myself parking way too far away from the rear line. We discovered later that there was a reverse sensing system that would beep if we got too close to objects behind us.

Also, this was a commercial vehicle, so there were no visor mirrors for my wife and me to check how beautiful we are. We coped.

No comments: