Tesla Motors is the only automaker worldwide producing and selling highway-capable electric cars. For such a small company the 1,000th production model is something they are quite proud of. Probably much more proud than you are over your famous weight loss success stories.
Tesla Motors Presentation:
The world's leading electric vehicle manufacturer will donate the $175,000 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of this collector's car to several charities in metro Detroit.
"A year ago right here in Detroit we had delivered about 150 Roadsters, so VIN 1,000 is a humble but important milestone for us," said Tesla CEO Elon Musk. "It's fitting to do something special with this unique car."
Tesla will donate the full value of the car to organizations including:
* Forgotten Harvest: Oak Park, Mich.-based charity focused on alleviating hunger and waste by rescuing food from more than 450 food industry donors.
* The Children's Center: Detroit-based coalition of civic, corporate and philanthropic leaders dedicated to helping disadvantaged children and families.
* FOCUS: Hope: Detroit-based community organization focused on food and health programs to single low-income mothers and children, civic revitalization, and back-to-work education projects such as a "green jobs" training program.
* Sierra Club: The nation's oldest and largest grassroots environmental group with over 1.3 million members and supporters, winning big victories to stop global warming and move America into a clean energy future.
* National Wildlife Federation: America's largest conservation organization with more than 4 million members, partners and supporters working to protect and restore wildlife habitat, confront global warming and connect with nature.