Sunday, November 30, 2008

Top 10 Songs About Cars

First of all this isn't my list so send your complaints to this guy, Chuck Squatriglia.

Over the years there has been quite a bit of tunes written about cars. Some good, and some very bad. Favorites like Prince's Little Red Corvette, and the terrible like Pink Cadillac by Billy Ocean. I'm actually surpised there aren't more promotional products for these kinds of songs from auto dealers.

Anyways, I couldn't really think of 10 songs about cars off the top of my head I don't think. So I guess this guy's list is as good as any. Well...I suppose, you may not agree. I know I disagree with a few. They are terrible songs. Go to the link above for a bit of history on each song.

10. Chuck Berry - No Particular Place to Go
9. Rush - Red Barchetta
8. Sammy Hagar - I Can't Drive 55
7. The Beach Boys - 409
6. Ween - El Camino
5. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Crosstown Traffic
4. Golden Earring - Radar Love
3. Drive-By Truckers
2. Sir Mix-A-Lot - My Hooptie
1. Prince - Little Red Corvette

No comments: