Friday, January 25, 2013

Red Light Cameras Showing Decreases in Violations

I can't even remember the last time I was close to running a red light. Other than making a left turn on a busy road while I'm already in the intersection as the light runs, I have driven long enough to know the flow of traffic, light timing, etc. that it never actually becomes an issue for me. Apparently, the problem is still there for a lot of drivers, however. Surely parents trying to show their kids how to use the best karaoke system for kids while driving, or that mindless texter still runs the light.

Bring in the Red Light Cameras.

"This study provides fresh evidence that automated enforcement can get drivers to modify their behavior," says Anne McCartt, senior vice president for research at IIHS and the study's lead author. Read the study here.

No comments: