Saturday, December 24, 2011

Crafting

Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel

Since I got my Satelite Internet connected a few months ago, I’ve been getting really into crafts. My new favorite website is www.craftster.org There I can find clear instructions on how to make anything from do it yourself Halloween costumes, to thoughtful hand-made Christmas gifts. One of my favorite projects that I found there was how to make my own Angry Birds play set. The instructions were so clear and easy, and my kids absolutely loved the result. They love playing the computer game, so I figured they would love to have toys that looked like the characters from it. It feels good that I have the skill to make things on my own and that I don’t have to go to the store and spend a ton of money for things that my kids want. It’s also nice to make things for other people I care about. I have also found is that the more I sew and craft, the better I get at it. I’m excited to see how my skills develop over the next few months. I’m having a great time trying different things.

No comments: