Saturday, September 17, 2011

What Can $108,375 Get You? The 2011 Jaguar XKR - Review

I don't think I've hidden the fact that Jaguar is probably my favorite brand of car. Odds of me ever buying a new one are quite low still, but you never know. I may win the lotto and start throwing away money like I throw away wood on metal buildings construction sites.

The 2011 JAguar XKR clocks in at $108,375, with supercharged 510 HP in a5.0 liter V8. 0-60 in 4.6 seconds, according to Jaguar.

Supercharging is a much better way of increasing power than turbocharging because you don't get the sudden boost of power; it's more gradual. Power reaches the rear wheels (as it should in a real car) through a 6-speed automatic transmission. there are paddle shifters behind the steering wheel if you choose to play that way, but in all reality, even though this is an XK, the manual option isn't really necessary. full review

No comments: