Thursday, October 29, 2009

2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL AWD Review

While many still believe that Buicks are for old men/ladies, I have always really enjoyed the comfort of them, as well as the decent power they provide. They may look like they are not all that sexy, but if you don't care all that much about looking cool, they definitely provide a nice driving experience. I guess you can still wear some pond pumps while you drive to feel a little younger with your environmental help out.

Buicks have a well-earned reputation for appealing to older drivers. That’s not a bad thing. I’m older (well, more mature), drive my wife’s Buick Park Avenue when she lets me, and we both enjoy what the PA has to offer.

I recall when I drove the PA years ago that I called it the American Jaguar. In a sense it is, because the styling is similar to the XJ sedan and the performance, while not quite in the Jaguar league, ain’t bad.

The LaCrosse is designed to replace the Park Avenue, and, oddly, the one we had for a test was silver, had a waterfall grille and had Park Avenue-like styling. The only major difference was that the LaCrosse has bucket seats while our Park Avenue has a bench with a fold-down armrest that converts it to two separate seats.

The other major difference is that the Park Avenue has a 3.8-liter V6 while the LaCrosse has a 3.6-liter V6. Power is up in the smaller engine to 280 horsepower and 259 lb.-ft. of torque. Power reaches the wheels through a 6-speed automatic transmission, better than the four in the PA. full review

No comments: